Green Chili Chicken Burgers56 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“These burgers are a slightly spicy Southwestern style sandwich. I came up with the idea for these burgers one night when I was feeling really creative, and they were a huge hit with my family.” - by Kelly
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, sour cream, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth..
- Mix chicken, canned chiles, jalapeno pepper, green onions, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill each patty 5 minutes per side, until well done. Move the patties to a cooler area of the grill to keep warm, and top each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Lightly grill the buns while the cheese is melting.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with guacamole, and top with 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce and a grilled chicken burger. Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa on each burger and top with the other half of the bun to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 497 cal
- 23.8 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent....I used half of a serrano pepper instead of the jalapeno and I also added 1 tsp. of cumin and 1 tsp. of chili powder to the meat mixture.....delicious! Thanks!..." See more"
"These were delish! I used ground turkey and added some cumin and chili powder and topped with pepper jack cheese. I was afraid they would be dry, but they turned out so good! I paired with sweet pota..." See moreto fries for a guilt-free burger & fries! Hubby said this definitely needs to go into permanent rotation!"
"Really good! I made a couple changes because I had some different things in the pantry and also because we like things real spicy! Guacamole: I added a few squeezes fresh lime (or lemon) and a lot of ..." See morehot salsa, also 1/3 chopped onion and 7 or 8 slices of jalapeno. Burger: 2/3's onion instead of green onion 1/2 tsp chili powder 15 jalapeno slices 1 piece of bread put through food processor I didn't use the green chile's I also used smoked provolone cheese instead instead of cheddar. It was sooooo delicious! Great recipe! Oh ya, also, for the kids I just saved some of the ground chicken and bread crumbs and added some salt and pepper, chicken Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan cheese. I made them in tiny patties and my son said it was the best chicken nugget he ever had!"
Fantastic Chicken Burgers
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.