Bananas Foster Belgian Waffles45 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“As a special treat for my mother I created this recipe which includes one of her favorite desserts and one of her favorite breakfast items. This creation also goes great with French toast, so make this as a special treat to your mom or any mom. Also a nice way to impress anyone with a special breakfast. I hope you enjoy as much as my mom did.” - by prell2k4
Original recipe yields 4 waffles
- Preheat a Belgium waffle iron. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, white sugar, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms. Cook the waffles in the preheated iron until steam stops coming out of the seam, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, rum extract, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer, the stir in the pecans and continue simmering for 1 minute. Stir in the pancake syrup and bananas, continue cooking until the bananas soften, about 4 minutes.
- Beat the heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until firm peaks form.
- Once waffles are done, spoon bananas Foster sauce over waffle and top with a dollop of whip cream.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1096 cal
- 60.3 g
- 127.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! I followed the recipe as stated except I was out of rum extract so I used double the amount of pure madagascar vanilla extract. These waffles were so tasty! I will replace my..." See more regular waffle recipe with this one. For the pancake syrup used in this, I used the Absolute Best Pancake Syrup recipe (love) from this site. Thanks, Prell2k4 for a great recipe!"
"Excellent. I'm going to use this as a dessert if I ever have people over again. I followed this recipe exactly, except that I got lazy and time-crunched at the end and used Cool Whip instead of whippi..." See moreng cream. The waffles alone are fantastic, I served some with strawberries and Absolute Best Pancake Syrup for the fools that didn't want Bananas Foster. Thanks, Prell - another hit! ;) "
"This was awesome!!! I only used the sauce part of the recipe as a I had a craving for pancakes, Wow was it ever good. I did do things a little different, I doubled the recipe but I didn't double ..." See morethe pancake syrup. I also omitted the rum extract and added more vanilla. I wasn't too sweet and the taste of bananas was through out the sauce, I'm thinking when we make this again I want to try it with mashed bananas instead. thanks"
Cinnamon Belgian Waffles
Emma's Belgian Waffles
Just swipe to see more like this.