Sticky Date Pudding20 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This rich, delicious, and luxurious dessert is a great comfort food on a cold winter's night.” - by Lian W
Original recipe yields 12 puddings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and chocolate in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Bring the dates and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, then scrape into a blender, and carefully puree until smooth; set aside.
- Cream 1/4 cup of butter together with the superfine sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Fold in the flour mixture and the date puree until well blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together the cream, brown sugar, and 1 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the butter melts; set aside.
- When the puddings have baked for 25 minutes, remove them from the oven, and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the puddings from the muffin tin, and place them onto a baking sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the sauce over each pudding, then return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon some of the sauce onto the bottom of a dessert plate, and place a pudding on top. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar, and top with a 1/4 cup scoop of ice cream. Repeat with the remaining date puddings.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 551 cal
- 32.7 g
- 64.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"My husband and I now live in Ireland. This was excellent! I no longer own a food processor, so I simply "cooked" the dates until they were smooth. Having read lots of Sticky Pudding recipes, I desired..." See more a thicker sauce. I cooked the sauce to more of a caramel. Removed the puddings from the pan, placed a small amount of sauce in the individual dishes, placed the puddings and poured the sauce over them and let them sit. They were placed back into the oven prior to serving to warm them and the sauce. Exactly how they are "done" over here. Next time I will serve them with a traditional custard as well. Thank you for sharing an easy and great recipe."
"I love 'sticky date pudding' but I leave the chocolate out and I also add 1 tbls of dark rum..." See more"
Date Nut Loaf Cake
Tanya's Date Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.