Baked Potato Salad I318 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Is this a baked potato salad or a cheese and potato casserole? Try this recipe and decide for yourself.” - by Tom
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Put sliced potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the potatoes, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Crumble bacon over the top, and sprinkle with olives.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 421 cal
- 29.4 g
- 26.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (318)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! Of course I tweaked it just a little. Instead of the processed American cheese I used a two cup bag of shredded sharp ceddar cheese; shallots instead of onion; 1/2c mayo & 1/2c sour cream; ..." See more2 cloves garlic. I threw the shallot & garlic in with the bacon during the last stages of cooking and then topped the potatoes. I left the olives out but that my personal taste. This really turned out to be a great recipe! Thanks!"
"I'm not sure why this is in the salad category. This is a good recipe. I would just use sour cream and forget the mayo- much more flavor. Also, skip the olives. One other thing, my potatoes came out u..." See morendercooked- make sure you are just about there BEFORE you place in casserole as this oven temp does not bake the pieces the rest of the way."
"I was inspired by the name of this dish to make a "Baked Potato" salad, rather than a casserole type "baked" potato salad. I used 1/3 mayonnaise with 2/3 sour cream, bacon cut into one inch pieces a..." See morend crisped, diced red onion, green onion, salt, and grated marble cheese to make a cold potato salad. Tasted just like a loaded baked potato. What a hit it was at my BBQ - especially with the boys! I am sure to make this again and again!!!"
Southern Potato Salad
Always A Winner Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.