Cornbread Salad II16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Layers of cornbread, pickles, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions with a mayo dressing. Delicious!” - by Amy Hughes
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine the cornbread muffin mix, eggs and milk, stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Once cool crumble into bite-size chunks.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Whisk together the pickle juice and mayonnaise.
- In a large bowl layer 1/2 of the crumbled cornbread followed by the onion, pepper, tomatoes and pickles. Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing and repeat. Top with bacon and chill for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 808 cal
- 65.8 g
- 40.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I am not welcome at my husband's family functions UNLESS I bring this salad. Tried it for a Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago and it was a HUGE hit. There is significant prep involved, but I now use..." See more a mini-chopper which helps cut donwn on the chopping time. I do use a little less cornbread than what it calls for to make the cornbread layers a little thinner. I think this is an adaptable recipe -- I've used red peppers if I don't have enough green, green onions if I don't have enough regular onions. The only non-negotiables are the sweet pickles and the bacon. This is a standard in my repetoire now!"
"My family and I did not care for this recipe. Other recipes I have tried like this also had some pinto beans and lots of other ingredients. This recipe needs alot of help so you can taste more than co..." See morern bread and onions. Its a lot of work for not much taste."
Bacon Cornbread Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.