Cordon Bleu Chicken Rolls266 Reviews
“This is the best Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe! Chicken stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place each chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to about 1/8 inch thickness. Place a finger of cheese on each ham slice and sprinkle lightly with thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Roll up seasoned ham and cheese 'jellyroll-style', then roll each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside. Tuck in ends and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl and place cereal crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip each chicken roll in butter or margarine, then roll in crumbs, turning to coat thoroughly. Place coated rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Serve with cordon bleu sauce, if desired.
- To Make Cordon Bleu Sauce: In a small saucepan mix together the soup, sour cream and lemon juice. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, and serve hot over chicken rolls. Makes about 2 cups; 8 servings of 1/4 cup each.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 429 cal
- 21.8 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (266)Rate This Recipe
"Updated review: I made this recipe again tonight. This time I used a combination of crushed corn flakes and italian bread crumbs. I again used munster cheese instead of swiss. I decided to try the..." See more gravy and it was good, but I don't think it's necessary as the chicken tastes great alone. Original review: My husband says this is the best new recipe that I've ever made, and he's hard to please. I did things slightly different for personal preferences. First of all, I used Italian bread crumbs instead of Corn Flake crumbs because that's all I had in the house. I used munster cheese instead of swiss becuase neither of us like Swiss. And I didn't make the gravy, because my husband isn't a gravy person. These were so simple to make, took little time and turned out wonderfully. The first time I made this it came out too dry, so I adjusted my cooking temperature the next time to 350, for 30 minutes, and it worked fine. I will definately make this again!"
"Really great!... liked the creamy sauce. Used mozzarella cheese instead of swiss. The cheese will run out if you don't tack up the sides of the chicken breast. One thing that helps is if you fold t..." See morehe ham around the cheese, and then wrap the ham/cheese square in the chicken. Less cheese oozes out! Will definately make again!"
"Delicious! I used bread crumbs to coat the chicken and then sauteed in a pan with a little butter and olive oil. Once browned, I made the sauce, adding my usual seasonings and some white wine. I then ..." See morepoured the sauce over the chicken to heat through. Thank you Michelle!"
Chicken Cordon Bleu II
Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II
Just swipe to see more like this.