Blueberry Lemon Loaf47 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“A family recipe for our favorite blueberry lemon bread. No mixer required! Like most sweet loaves, it tastes best when allowed to sit for a day, wrapped in plastic wrap.” - by TABLESPOON
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x5 inch loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Grate the zest from the lemon onto a small plate. Cut the lemon in half, and squeeze the juice from both halves. Make a topping by whisking together 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and the confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the white sugar, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, the remaining lemon zest, and the remaining lemon juice in a large bowl until evenly blended. Stir in the milk; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; pour the milk mixture into the well and stir the batter just until combined.
- Fold the frozen blueberries into the reserved 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture, then fold the blueberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; immediately poke holes all over the top of the loaf with a toothpick, and pour the topping evenly over the loaf. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 184 cal
- 6.1 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (47)Rate This Recipe
"This was incredibly easy to make. I sifted all the dry ingredients together then added the wet all at once. I just mixed until moistened, didn't overmix. I did add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice to the milk t..." See moreo make it like buttermilk and I had to add a little more milk as the batter was a bit dry. I liked this, it's like something you'd buy at Starbucks to go with your coffee. If I made this again, I'd add a little vanilla and double the glaze. This is a very eye-pleasing loaf. Bakes up beautifully."
"This was a big hit at Church, I had coffee hour and made all breads. I followed the recipe exactly. Good lemon flavor along with the blueberries. Wonderful!! This will be a permanent in my recipe b..." See moreox."
Lemon Blueberry Bread
Blueberry Lemon Shortcake
Just swipe to see more like this.