Cottage Cheese Chicken Enchiladas964 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Ever tried chicken enchiladas made with cottage cheese? Now's your chance! This takes some prep time, but it is well worth it. You can make it 1 day ahead, and serve the next day.” - by annabell
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- To Make Meat Mixture: Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion and green chile peppers and saute until browned, then add taco seasoning and prepare meat mixture according to package directions.
- To Make Cheese Mixture: In a medium bowl mix sour cream with cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Assemble Enchiladas: Heat tortillas until soft. In each tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, a spoonful of cheese mixture and a bit of shredded cheese. Roll tortillas and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with any remaining meat and cheese mixture, enchilada sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 548 cal
- 31.2 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (964)Rate This Recipe
"This was a big hit at my house!! I would serve this meal for family and friends. Here are some changes I made based upon other reviews I read and my own taste. 1) Instead of boiling chicken, I bought ..." See morean herb-roasted chicken from the grocery store. I sautéed the onions and peppers alone and added about 2 tsp. of taco powder at the end. After shredding the hot chicken, I added it to that pan. 2) I put some refried beans in each enchilada. 3) For a beautiful look, I sprinkled the top with sliced black olives. 4) I used about 2 cans of enchilada sauce. Very important! Spray the bottom of the pan and pour some sauce on it before adding the rolled enchiladas. 5) I used flour instead of corn tortillas. I moistened each tortilla with the enchilada sauce before putting it together. (Pour some sauce in a deep bowl and wipe the tortilla on both sides.) This helped keep the enchilada moist and tasty. This is beautiful! Let stand about 5 minutes before serving."
"The cottage cheese/sour cream mixture was so yummy. I made the chicken in the crockpot-three frozen chicken breasts with a chopped onion, 1/2 a beer with a sprinkle of cumin, oregano, cinnamon, black..." See more pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic, gave it a stir and cooked it on low for five hours and then shredded it, sooo easy and tasty. Thanks for the fab recipe!"
"These are absolutely amazing! When I made them for my husband, he raved about them to everyone! We recently started the BODY FOR LIFE program, so I just changed a few things to make this a protein-p..." See moreacked, low-fat meal - using fat free sour cream, low-fat cottage cheese, pam instead of oil, and low-fat mexican style mix shredded cheese. I also layer everything like lasagna rather than rolling enchiladas to cut prep time in half!"
Chicken Enchiladas V
Cottage Cheese Spinach Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.