Chicken Pot Pie V67 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This dinner pie is full of tender vegetables, herbs, and moist chicken breast in a creamy sauce. Quick, easy, and lower in fat to boot!” - by KARENFERG
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: Mix together 1 cup flour, baking powder, sage, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and allow to rest in refrigerator.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions and garlic together over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, and mixed vegetables. Simmer partially covered for 12 minutes. Potatoes should be slightly undercooked.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and flour. Mix until smooth. Add mixture to vegetables along with chicken, parsley, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Roll out dough to fit top of casserole dish. Lay dough over filling and prick with a fork several times.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 467 cal
- 11.2 g
- 58.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (67)Rate This Recipe
"Definately a winner!!! Everything was great, I did make some changes. I took the advice of others and added double the cream soup and double the broth...a must (just don't double anything else excep..." See moret the flour). I think I might prefer it just a tad bit thicker but it was excellent! I also added freshly sliced mushrooms and two cups of cheddar cheese. Will definately make again! Will of course make PLENTY of more crust, I made a huge pie and didn't have enough for top and bottom after doubling the crust recipie."
"This was a very good potpie! I made 2 to freeze and we decided to keep it out and eat potpie for 3 days instead. I made it in a pieplate also so just increased the dough recipe as someone suggested ..." See more(by 4 to have top and bottom crusts for both pies). I doublesifted the dough ingredients rather than just mixing in order to better distribute the sage. I also made the cream of chicken/flour mixture in a big bowl and added the spices and cooked chicken first, and then the vegetables. Also with a 9 inch pie plate there were some extra vegetables left over. Personally I would cut down the carrots or potatoes and keep the frozen vegetables. Broccoli is a good choice for this meal. My mix had frozen soybeans in it and they were good too. I took the suggestion to add cheese - I used parmesan, and it added a nice subtle flavor. I will definitely make this again. Note: this meal is a fairly big time commitment."
Chicken Pot Pie VIII
Chicken in Every Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.