Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes31 Reviews
“Sweet potatoes made with brown sugar and maple syrup. A family favorite that everyone enjoys. If you're not cooking for a vegetarian crowd, you can top these with marshmallows as well.” - by Wendy
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use non-aerosol non stick spray to grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool, peel and cut them into large chunks. Arrange them in the prepared dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, syrup, sugar and coconut together over a low heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes. Top mixture with pecans.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 197 cal
- 10.7 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious, and not too sweet. I used all of the three average-sized sweet potatoes, and didn't add the coconut. Next time I make these, I'll cut the boiling time down to about 20 minutes, so they're ..." See morenot so soft."
"My husband and I really liked this. So simple. I left off the coconut and used marshmallows instead...." See more"
Maple Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Marjorie's Maple Vanilla Sweet Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.