Chicken Pot Pie VI211 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a simple and delicious recipe I received from a friend. Chock-full of tender veggies, gooey cheese, and moist chicken.” - by Angie Smothermon
Original recipe yields 1 casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts, onion, and poultry seasoning in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Simmer over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drain and dice chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onions, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, mixed vegetables, mushrooms, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay one sheet of pastry in bottom of greased and floured pan. Pour chicken mixture over pastry. Cover with second sheet of pastry. Seal edges of top and bottom pastries. Cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 648 cal
- 37.3 g
- 44.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (211)Rate This Recipe
"This was the most awesome chicken pot pie ever!!! I used a whole onion and an 8 oz. container of sliced mushrooms from the produce aisle...I also used cream of chicken and cream of celery....that's wh..." See moreat I had on hand. I also used fat free cheeses and 98% fat free soups and just added 1/2 cup skim milk. I bought 2 Pillsbury pie crusts and used all but one half of one to make the crust in a 9x13 casserole dish....I used the extra pastry to make flower embellishments on the crust. Will definitely make this again!!! Make sure and brush your crust with an egg wash to get it nice and golden and crunchy!! "
"This is one of my familys fave`s! I modify the recipe a bit by using a casserole dish to layer my chopped chicken on bottom,then I add my veggies etc. on top of that and the cheese is on top of that.I..." See more make a crust for the top by using 2 cups of self-rising flour,a stick of butter(real buuter) and chicken broth to make a batter that I pour on top and bake til brown.This is moist and delicious!"
"Excellent recipe! I made it last night and my husband and I loved it. I've never made chicken pot pie before, so I was a little worried, but I followed the recipe and it turned out great. My husban..." See mored even took the leftovers to work today for some of his coworkers to try! Thanks Angie!"
Chicken Pot Pie IV
Holiday Chicken Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.