Vegan Lasagna II11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Vegan version of an old favorite, easy to modify for manicotti, stuffed shells or with more, less or different veggies. If you'd like some vegan cheese, top the lasagna with soy cheese before baking. Soft tofu yields wetter lasagna; use firm tofu for drier lasagna.” - by Shaun
Original recipe yields 2 to 3 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and mushrooms in oil until all the liquid is cooked out. Add 1/3 tomato puree to mushrooms and garlic, cook 2 to 3 minutes, and remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and tofu. Blend until the mixture is an even consistency. Heat in a microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- In a 9x9 inch baking pan, pour one thin layer of remaining tomato puree, a layer of noodles, 1/2 the tofu mixture, the mushroom sauce, a layer of noodles, 1/2 the tofu mixture, a layer of tomato puree, a layer of noodles, and a final layer of tomato puree.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 427 cal
- 12.7 g
- 62.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I tend to love vegetarian food. This was just awful. I mean, HORRIBLE. No flavor, no taste. Texture was awful. My husband actually spit his into the sink. Horrible...." See more"
"Very good! I sauteed a chopped onion with the garlic. Then I added a dash of nutmeg, a liberal sprinkle of vegan 'Parmesan', and a can of artichoke hearts, minced, to the spinach mixture. Awesome, awe..." See moresome! Looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow..."
"Very yummy vegan recipe. Even my daughter ate it (and she's not a fan of spinach). I modified the recipe by making sure to drain the spinach very well before adding it to the tofu, and by adding a..." See more heaping teaspoon of corn starch to the tofu mixture before putting it in the microwave. Otherwise, worked out very well."
Lasagna Roll Ups
Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.