Bow Tie Pasta with Tomato Tuna Sauce4 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Kids love this quick and easy meal. They'll never guess that it's full of nutritious ingredients.” - by Shantal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta and boil until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Toast bread crumbs in oil, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; stir in lemon zest. Remove seasoned bread crumbs from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat. Add the beans, and mash. Stir in the tuna, tomato sauce, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss sauce with prepared pasta; place in prepared baking dish. Top with the toasted bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 351 cal
- 5.9 g
- 56.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was really dry and as the recipe did not specify what kind of beans (I used pinto) I ended up with a funky tangy taste... It wasn't an awful recipe but it wasn't great either... sorry!..." See more"
"I'm sorry but I did not care for this recipe. The bread crumbs gave this dish a terrible taste...." See more"
Creamy Tomato Tuna Penne Pasta
Awesome Bow Tie Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.