Broccoli Cheese Casserole26 Reviews
“This recipe is a real hit with anyone, especially kids. They just love the combination of the broccoli, rice and cheese! The water chestnuts add a surprise crunch. Great for a buffet crowd. Buttered bread crumbs may be substituted for almonds as a topping.” - by Paula
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Place broccoli in saucepan with 2 tablespoons water. Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, separating broccoli occasionally. Drain well.
- In a small pot, cook cheese and soup together until smooth.
- Combine cheese and soup, broccoli, water chestnuts, and rice in the casserole dish. Cover with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 413 cal
- 20.7 g
- 43.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"After a few modifications to this recipe it was excellent. I am giving it a four only because I changed some things. I left out the water chestnuts and the almonds. I used shredded cheddar cheese and ..." See morecream of chicken soup. Great alternative if you hate mushrooms. In place of the almonds on top I took 18 round crackers, crumbled them and add them too hot melted butter in a fry pan to soften them up. Add those to the top of your casserole and it adds a nice buttery flavor and they crisp back up in the oven. (Great way to get rid of that half stale package of crackers thats sitting in your pantry!)This recipe defaults at 8 servings. I only made a 4 serving dish so be sure to double the crackers if you try this method."
"I tried this last night for my boyfriend and I and we loved it. I did use 1 cream of mushroom and 1 cream of chicken soup and it came out just fine. I think next time I might add more broccoli becau..." See morese I love it. I also didn't add the water chestnuts because I didn't have any on hand, but it was just great the way it was. Thanks! I'll be making this again."
"This has always been a big hit when I cook it. I try many different kinds of cheese and I always use fresh brocoli. I also have topped with ground walnuts, makes a great change to it as well. Mozzarel..." See morela cheese works very well and cheddar is another one I mix in sometimes for a sharp taste. I once added sweet corn, it was good, but I think simplicity is better. Does not make a good leftover the next day in my opinion."
Broccoli and Cheese Brunch Casserole
Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.