Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies2 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My girlfriends at work just loved them and wanted the recipe for them. I had to make 10 copies!” - by BABY
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 6 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add the egg; beat until smooth. Beat in corn syrup. Whisk together the flour and cocoa in a small bowl. Beat half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well incorporated. Beat in the remaining flour. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured board, roll each half of the dough into a rectangle. Cut each large rectangle into 1x3 inch rectangles. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cookies stand on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the filling. Heat chocolate chips in a small saucepan on lowest heat. Stir until chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl until smooth. Scrape the melted chocolate into the bowl; beat well.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling on the bottom of 30 cooled cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle filled cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 114 cal
- 6.3 g
- 14.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"These were really time consuming and they didn't even taste that good. The filling was really granulated and the cookie part wasn't sweet at all. Cutting them into measured rectangles was completely u..." See morennecessary and a waste of time. You can just use a soup can (or something similar) to make them into round "sandwiches." 2 hours from start to end of clean up."
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
Felix K.'s 'Don't even try to say these aren't the best you've ever eaten, because they are' Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.