Mom's Shepherd's Pie98 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe is simple and affordable. It's made up of common ingredients from the pantry- ground beef, green beans, tomato sauce, potatoes and seasonings. I'm not sure where it came from, but I know there are many variations. This is Mom's! Try serving with cranberry sauce or other fruit of your choice.” - by Missy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes and water to cover in a large pot over high heat. Boil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat; drain excess fat.
- To the ground beef, add the tomato sauce, parsley, Worcestershire sauce to taste, salt, ground black pepper and green beans. In a separate small bowl, mix the flour with the 3 tablespoons water and stir into the beef mixture.
- Stir all together well. Drain the potatoes, mash and spread over the beef mixture Place 2 to 3 vent holes through the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Brush the milk over the potatoes for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 638 cal
- 30.7 g
- 63.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (98)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious! Everyone in my family loved it. One note though...on the nutritional information, it gives the nutritional value based on 6 servings. This made much more than 6 servings! It fit in a 9x..." See more13 casserole pan, and served my family of 7 with lots of leftovers. I'd say it made 12 servings. So that means that the calories/fat etc. per serving would be much less."
"This was a great basic recipe to tweak. I used an 8oz can of tomato sauce, worchester sauce and a packet of lipton onion soup mix instead of salt, pepper and flour mixture. I also used a bag of froz..." See moreen mixed veggies instead of canned green beans. the meat didn't have as much sauce to it as I would have liked, so next time I will some water to make it a bit juicier. Made the mashed potatoes with milk, sour cream and mustard. Got rave reviews from my whole family... even my 18 month old! will definitely make again!"
"This was a great meal. However, I love garlic. So I made only a few changes to it. First instead of using two cans of greenbeans,I used one can of beans and one can of corn. As for the garlic, I chopp..." See moreed six cloves of garlic and added it to the ground beef just before it was completly browned.I also added some onion at the same time. I'll make this stuff time and time again. Wonderful."
Zippy Shepherd's Pie
Laurie's Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.