Turkey Sausage Pie6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Turkey sausage mingles with green peppers, onions, and tomato sauce inside a double pizza crust.” - by LSBD33
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly oil a 10 inch quiche dish or pie pan.
- Place one sheet of pizza dough in oiled pan. If necessary, trim edges of dough to fit pan. Bake dough in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While dough is in oven, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into skillet and saute for 2 minutes. Add onions and green peppers, and saute an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and onion is lightly browned. Add tomato sauce and stir well.
- Pour sausage mixture into baked crust, and cover with second sheet of pizza dough. Trim edges as necessary, gently seal the two crusts together, and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 617 cal
- 19.8 g
- 73.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This was way better than I was expecting! I made it almost as is, but here are my changes... 1) I didn't crumble the sausage, I just sliced up the meat. This didn't affect the taste at all. 2) I add..." See moreed garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and crushed red pepper to the mixture. 3) I also added shredded mozz cheese to the pie prior to putting it back into the oven.. 4) I used another reviewer's suggestion and brushed the top crust with olive oil and put a dash of garlic and onion powder on. Brought some extra flavor to the dish. There's a lot that can be done with this. Use your imagination and eat it up! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Ash wasn't home to try this, but hubby Drew and Ty really liked this. I tasted and thought it had a really good flavor. Although I used sausage, I think next time I'll use a combo of sausage and eithe..." See morer ground turkey or beef. I added more seasonings plus some mozarella and parm and brushed the top of the dough with olive oil and seasoned with garlic and onion powders. Once the sausage was almost completely browned, which, by the way takes way longer than five minutes, I pulsed the meat in the food processor to break it up more. Great Friday night meal Lisa!"
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Sausage Breakfast
Just swipe to see more like this.