Wanda's Chicken Noodle Bake74 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“An egg noodle/chicken casserole with celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms and a creamy cheese sauce. This was brought to us by one of our kind church ladies after the birth of son number 3! I begged her for the recipe...and now Wanda passes it on to all of you.” - by COOL
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until done. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook celery and onion in butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in soup, milk, and cheese. Cook, stirring, until cheese melts.
- In a large bowl, mix together the noodles, cheese sauce mixture, carrots, mushrooms, chicken, and salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 421 cal
- 23.7 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (74)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was ok. I didn't like the carrots in it. I just do not like canned carrots and should of replaced them with fresh carrots or frozen thawed peas or broccoli florets would of been better..." See more. I also did not like the breadcrumbs on top they would of tasted better if mixed with some melted butter before topping the casserole."
"This was a good basic recipe, but I changed it a bit. I used 1 can reduced fat cream of celery soup and 1 can reduced fat broccoli and cheese soup. I also added a cup of sour cream to give it some "ta..." See moreng". I sauteed fresh mushrooms and didn't use celery. (I also only about half the cheese). Then I mixed in the cut up chicken ( a rotisserie chicken breast) and added about 2 cups of frozen broccoli (I'm not much for canned vegetables). After putting it in the pan, I microwaved some butter and the breadcrumbs (I used seasoned ones)and put it on top. I baked it covered with foil. It was very good. My husband really liked it. Thanks for the recipe."
"An absolutely yummy way to use that leftover turkey. We are "noodle lovers" so we added twice the noodles (and added more milk and a chicken bouillon cube). I also used all fresh veggies which ma..." See morede for more work, but the taste was great. I used buttered bread crumbs too. Even my 75 year-old mom who no longer cooks said she had to have this recipe. Thanks!!"
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Bake
Chicken Noodle Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.