Ninety Minute Cinnamon Rolls1138 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Delicious cinnamon rolls made with a soft, quick rising dough.” - by GOOFYDEBBIE
Original recipe yields 12 rolls
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine.
- Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 347 cal
- 12.5 g
- 54.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1138)Rate This Recipe
"This is really a "no brainer" recipe! I was glad this one didn't explicitly mention using a bread machine. These were easy and delicious. I topped them off with a cream cheese icing. (1 1/2 cups po..." See morewdered sugar, 1/2 cup softened margarine, 2 oz cream cheese, 1/2 teas vanilla, and 1/8 teas salt) YUM!"
"Very easy and really took only 90 minutes! I tried them both with muffin pans and in an 11 inch square pan. I liked them better in the square pan, they were not as dry but they took longer to cook (..." See moreabout 30-35 minutes instead of 20)."
"The reviews say it all - this is an easy, delicious cinnamon roll recipe! Only thing I did differently was to melt extra butter, sugar and cinnamon to pour on top of the cinnamon rolls just before ba..." See moreking. They turned out very soft, sweet and gooey. Thanks for a great recipe!!"
Cinnamon Rolls III
Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.