Chocolate Oatmeal Cake48 Reviews
“This is an easy and wholesome cake to bake.” - by Brenda Moore
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats and butter. Mix in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; add to cooled oat mixture and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and remove pan.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 240 cal
- 9.1 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"Very nice recipe, however I did make some changes. First, I was running low on brown sugar, so I used 3/4 cup brown, and 3/4 cup white. Then, I added WAY more coco powder then called for. (Probably ab..." See moreout 1/2 cup) It turned our great! SOOOO chocolatly and rich. It was great just like that. Didn't even need any icing. :)"
"This is a great recipe. I substituted applesauce for the butter and added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 extra Tablespoon of cocoa powder. It turned out moist and flavorful with a unique texture...." See more"
Dark Chocolate Cake I
Chocolate Pudding Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.