Baked Ziti III722 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A delicious side or main dish with beef, basil and lots of cheese. You can substitute the beef for Italian sausage or add a combination. Serve with crusty warm bread and a green salad, if desired.” - by VERDIEIIIS
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish, place about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Spread on a layer of half the spaghetti sauce mixture and sour cream.
- Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 761 cal
- 34.4 g
- 74.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (722)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe. I took the advice of another and tossed the ziti with the sour cream before layering. I will NEVER skip this step. The noodles stayed creamy and delicious. I browned ground pork, used le..." See moreft over ground beef, garlic and onion. I didn't have provolone so topped every layer with parmesan. I didn't need 2 jars of sauce as others said they did. very good."
"I wish I could rate this 10star!!! I made this exactly per the recipe, only change I made was extra cheese, my family loves italian cheeses, other that I did it exactly. I made this on friday night, a..." See morend we have eaten 6 meals from this one dish! And it tastes better and better every time. My only recommendation is to use a 3 or maybe even 4 quart dish, for I used a 3 qt and it very nearly overflowed the dish, maybe cause of all the extra cheese I used! I will make this a regular menu item in my home, it was a huge hit!"
"Aside from a fabulous recipe, this was SO fast. My boyfriend raved about it and so did I. Made a nice 9x13 FULL of ziti. Great for a family style meal with several guests or a pot luck. Some tips: As..." See more suggested by other reviews I seasoned the ground beef with italian seasoning and added minced garlic. To give this recipe a real italian flare, I bought spaghetti sauce with italian sausage already inside so I didnt have to buy and cook sausage too. It turned out just right.. not too overpowering. I also added a small amount of the sauce to cover the first layer of ziti as suggested by another review and it came out perfect.. I think it might have been too dry on the bottom otherwise. A large skillet was too small for all of the spaghetti sauce. I had to transfer it to a large pot. An electric skillet might be big enough.. This recipe fills a 9x13 to the brim so make sure you dont use anything smaller. I also baked this uncovered on the center rack with no isses and the cheese came out nice and golden brown. Definitely will make this again!!"
Baked Ziti IV
Baked Spaghetti I
Just swipe to see more like this.