Chicken Spaghetti Casserole II14 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A creamy comfort food casserole combining the flavors of chicken, spaghetti, mushrooms and cheese. Great for a rainy Sunday group gathering.8” - by Terra Machacek
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add chicken and boil for 35 to 45 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from pot, reserving chicken cooking broth in pot, and let cool before deboning. Remove chicken meat from bones and shred. Set aside.
- In pot with chicken broth, combine the celery, onion, parsley and spaghetti. Bring to a boil and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until spaghetti is al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Return drained noodles, celery, onion and parsley to pot. Add reserved chicken broth, shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup and mushroom slices. Stir together, then evenly fold and spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 629 cal
- 32.1 g
- 45.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"After reading the other reviews, I changed a few things. Instead of boiling your onions and celery in chicken broth, I sautéed them in ¼ stick of butter with salt and pepper. I also added half of a be..." See morell pepper for a little extra flavor. Alsoto add a little more flavor, instead of 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, I used 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken. I also added about half of a can of milk. I mixed the onions, bell pepper, and celery with the cream of mushroom soup and the cream of chicken soup. I also added salt and pepper to taste. I choose not to add the mushrooms. Everyone really enjoyed these changes but I have to agree it is a lot of food."
"This recipe is really the best chicken casserole I have ever had. All the ladies at church have been sharing this recipe since it was a huge hit at a gathering recently. My husband had 3 helpings! ..." See moreWell worth the bit of time to cook the chicken and broth, but you could use some chicken breasts and a couple of cans of broth."
"After mixing everything together I tasted the sauce and it was definitely bland to my taste. I added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of salt-free Cavender's G..." See morereek seasoning, and 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning. That seemed to fix it. I used Velveeta cheese and just melted it in the pan and didn't bother to cook it in the oven like a casserole. We just filled our plates from the pan and served it with crescent rolls and a salad. I did have to add a bit more broth to thin it down a little."
King Ranch Chicken Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.