Pumpkin, Spinach and Barley Rolls3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This roll is delicious, and great served with a French salad.” - by JUDYE
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a medium-size pot, bring water and barley to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, barley, spinach, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
- Lay out a sheet of pastry and place 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture along the center horizontally. Roll the pastry over the mixture, and seal the seams with a little water. Cut stuffed pastry into thirds. Arrange portions on a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 544 cal
- 31.7 g
- 57.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was very quick and easy, but I had trouble getting the family to eat it. I thought it was okay, but the rest of the family thought it was too bland and needed more spices. Also, without the extra..." See more spices, the pumpkin tended to be bitter."
"This recipe must be made with fresh pumpkin to taste as good as it does this way!!..." See more"
Bachelor's Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.