Sweet Chocolate Pears7 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is a light and delicious dessert and is perfect to end a romantic dinner.” - by Manuela
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place pears in a small ovenproof pan. Mix orange juice with 1/4 cup sugar and pour over pears.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes; occasionally turn and sprinkle remaining sugar over pears. Remove pears from oven when soft and let cool.
- Pour orange juice mixture into a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens to the consistency of cream; remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate. Add a few tablespoons of hot milk if the chocolate becomes too thick to stir.
- Put each pear in a small bowl. Pour the creamy orange sauce over each pear, then drizzle chocolate on top; serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 430 cal
- 9.9 g
- 86.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I tried making this, but the sauce still remained runny after trying to heat it to the "consistancy of cream". I'm not sure if I made it properly, but it didn't taste as great as I hoped...." See more"
"While the final product tasted great, the journey there was long, sticky and very tedious. I wouldnt recommend this recipe unless you've got the right equipment...." See more"
"The pears would not soft in the oven even though I increased the temp to 325. I ended up putting them in the microwave for 5 minutes on high and they soften up nicely. While thickening the sauce I inc..." See morereased the temp which helped get it there....Be careful though because the sauce will pass the creamy point and change to thick real quick. I noticed when I remove the sauce from the heat for a few seconds it thickened up. All in all this is a tastey recipe with poor directions."
German Sweet Chocolate Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.