Baked Macaroni and Cheese II39 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is my Dad's recipe and is always a hit at parties. It is a great accompaniment to stuffed green peppers. Use the plain stewed tomatoes for the best taste.” - by Renee
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, warm soup and add milk; stir. Add 1/4 of cheese to soup and remove mixture from heat when cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add macaroni and tomatoes to soup; stir and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is a golden brown; serve.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 584 cal
- 24.3 g
- 64.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"I goofed and bought the wrong cheddar, yellow, not white, but it didn't matter. This was so darn good (and easy)! My husband held the title of CHAMPION MAC AND CHEESE MAKER, but guess who just stole..." See more the crown? Yum! Tomatoes really make this special. I like that this rec. uses real chesse, not Velveeta. I would be proud to serve this to my guests!"
Baked Mac and Cheese with Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.