Honey Wheat Bread III52 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“A delightfully wholesome wheat bread sweetened with honey. This treasured recipe is tried and true.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x5 inch loaf
- Place the warm water in large bowl. Sprinkle in yeast, stir until dissolved and let stand until creamy. Add the warm milk, honey, oil, salt, and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour; blend well. Stir in whole wheat flour and mix well. Add the remaining all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is soft and workable (there may be some flour left over).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and turn the dough to grease the top. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Punch the dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Form dough into a loaf and place into the prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove loaf from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 162 cal
- 2.6 g
- 30.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"You may want to add the honey to the yeast & hot water to help activate the yeast...." See more"
"this bread rose incredibly high. i doubled the recipe and got two fat loaves. i added about 1/4 cup each of ground flax and wheat germ and it turned out great. i also made it in my kitchenaid mixer..." See more with the dough hook. it didn't need hand kneading with this method"
"Great bread! The best loaf I ever made. I did add 1 Tablespoon of gluten which gave it a wonderful rise. The texture is light and wonderful. My rising times were less, but that's probably because ..." See moreof the gluten. Also the recipe for only 1 loaf makes it a good recipe to make in the electric mixer with a dough hook."
Honey Wheat Bread I
Classic Whole Wheat Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.