Refrigerator Nut Rolls10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 21 min
- Ready In: 1 day 45 min
“Rolled pastry with a walnut filling. These nut rolls have been a family favorite for years. They are one of the most requested items for every party we are invited to. They freeze really well, so you don't mind making so many of them.” - by YOURGAL45
Original recipe yields 150 rolls
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Let sit until creamy; about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted margarine, evaporated milk, sour cream and yeast mixture. Stir in the egg yolks. Combine the flour, salt and 6 tablespoons sugar; stir into the wet mixture, then knead until the dough no longer sticks to your hands. Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the filling, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Mix in sugar, ground walnuts and vanilla. Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until filling reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut dough into baseball sized portions. Dust a clean dry surface with confectioners' sugar. Roll the dough out to 1/4 to 1/8 inch in thickness. Spread with filling, then cut into 16 wedges like a pizza. Roll up wedges from the outside into the point. Brush with remaining milk and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (75 total)
- 307 cal
- 23.4 g
- 20.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"These were very good. Instead of rolling and cutting them as individual cookies, I rolled and baked each as a large nut roll. Made wonderful hostess gifts when visiting at the holidays...." See more"
"Great recipe to base full nut rolls from. I did, however, make tons of changes so they turned out appropriately. Halved the dough recipe and had to double the filling. Omit the milk. Didn't let th..." See moree dough stand overnight and had it warm when rolled out so you can roll dough very thin. Bake for 30-35 minutes. I ended up with 6 12-18" nut rolls that were wonderful."
Nut Butter Balls
Just swipe to see more like this.