Chocolate Eclair Cake364 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“Chocolate graham crackers layered between creamy vanilla custard, topped with chocolate glaze. Very rich and habit forming. Everyone I have made this for has fallen in love with it!” - by Linda Rex
Original recipe yields 1 9x13 pan
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and 3 cups milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping and beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- In a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over crackers, then top with graham crackers. Spread remaining pudding over crackers; top second pudding layer with another layer of crackers.
- To make topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/4 cup milk, cocoa and sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix well and cool.
- Pour sauce over graham cracker layer and refrigerate until set; serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 414 cal
- 15.4 g
- 65.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (364)Rate This Recipe
"Only difference was out of necessity: I used half and half for the pudding mix as I was out of milk. So very rich and creamy! My husband said this was the best dessert I have ever made.... rave r..." See moreeviews by all who sampled!"
"I did a few alternation, and it was Awesome! First: Use the Regular Graham Crackers-NOT Chocolate! Second: Use FRENCH Vanilla Pudding. Third: Use Betty Crocker's DARK CHOCOLATE Icing (30 seconds i..." See moren Microwave) and pour over the last layer of Graham Crackers. Refrigerate overnite...EXCELLENT!!"
"This recipe is extraordinary because it uses very ordinary ingredients that result in the sophisticated taste of eclairs. A few hints: MAKE THE SAUCE FIRST! It will be nearly cool and ready to ..." See morespread by the time the other ingredients are assembled. If you want a more "true" eclair taste, use honey graham crackers instead of chocolate. You do not need to butter the pan first, and you do not need a full package of graham crackers. I counted about 20 in my 13x9 pan. Take the time to make the chocolate sauce. It tastes much better than canned, and doesn't have all that heart-clogging palm oil in it. Also, the sauce needs only 1/2 t. vanilla in my opinion."
Chocolate Eclair Dessert
Karen A's Chocolate Dump Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.