Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole60 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“A creamy chicken, wild rice, and mushroom casserole. This elegant, tasty recipe may be made in advance and baked right before company arrives! It's a real family favorite! Serve with French-style green beans or broccoli, fruit salad and French bread. That's all you need.” - by KITKATY
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot with water, wine, salt, curry powder, onion, and celery. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat, strain (reserving broth), and refrigerate to cool. Remove chicken meat from bone, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare the rice mix according to package directions. Replace the specified amount of liquid with the same amount of the reserved broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice, and mushrooms. Blend in the sour cream and soup. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 385 cal
- 10.3 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"We love this recipe and we make it at least once or twice a month! We leave out the white wine, curry powder, and celery for the simple reason that we never have any of those ingredients on hand. I us..." See moreually cook my wild rice in chicken broth instead of water and it makes the flavor go up 10 notches! I've even used fat-free sour cream and 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup and cannot tell a difference!"
"I have been making this recipe for years and even sell it to people as a frozen casserole. I use twice as much chicken though and use 1 pound of fresh, sliced and sauted in 3 T of butter mushrooms. ..." See moreI can freeze 2 STUFFED 8 x 8 aluminum pans or 1 STUFFED 9 x 13 pan. IT feezes SO well and I have NEVER made this for anyone and not been asked for the recipe. It is an absolute staple in our household."
"I thought this was pretty good...I used boneless breasts, and cannot figure out how you could cook this using only 2 c. of liquid as it calls for (hence, I increased both.)This did work out well to ma..." See moreke it ahead of time (last night)and toss it in the oven an hour before I needed it (today.)"
Chicken with Wild Rice and Vegetables Casserole
Easy Chicken Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.