Husband-Friendly Chicken Pizza23 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I created this recipe for my husband who loves BBQ flavored pizza and he absolutely loved it. We basically tried a variety of pizzas and made a list of the ingredients that were working well together and the ones that weren't and here we are.” - by Old Crow
Original recipe yields 1 pizza
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble when cool.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Press the refrigerated pizza crust onto the baking sheet to fit the size of the pan. Spread the barbeque sauce evenly over the dough, and sprinkle with the shredded chicken, caramelized onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese, and diced jalapeno pepper. Season with paprika and garlic powder. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is bubbly and the pizza dough is golden brown on the bottom, 15 to 17 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 429 cal
- 21.2 g
- 28.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This is my recipe and I tried getting this recipe corrected, but had some trouble. Anyway, some of the measurements are off and I just wanted to correct them. The bacon should be 6 strips and a 1/4 cu..." See morep gorgonzola. Hope you enjoy it!"
"I cheated and used a crust I bought cheaply (already rolled out and ready to go, even!) from Papa Murphy's. I used my own homemade barbeque sauce (Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce, which is also from this si..." See morete), hickory-smoked bacon, and I did not use gorgonzola cheese because my boys don't care for it. I'll tell you, my husband loved this pizza. Really. He actually was bummed there was only one because he couldn't have anymore tonight or leftover for lunch tomorrow. My kids were less than thrilled but just for my husband's excitement, this recipe gets all five stars. He LOVED it."
"Fabulous! I loved the contrast of the Gorgonzola with the BBQ sauce. I will say though that next time I will use a different BBQ sauce because it was a little too sweet. Instead of frying up some b..." See moreacon I used half a package of real bacon bits. I also made my own pizza crust. So good and can't wait to make again!"
Unbelievably Awesome Barbeque Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.