Pecan Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Broccoli84 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Chicken breasts rolled up with a creamy cheese-broccoli stuffing, dipped in egg and a pecan coating, browned and baked to magnificence! We make this recipe for all of our special friends and company that enjoy a really delicious and different chicken main entree.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- To Make Broccoli/Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the lemon juice, butter or margarine, garlic, basil and pimento until butter or margarine has melted. Add the 1 cup pecans, broccoli and onion and cook until broccoli is tender; then add the sour cream and cream cheese and mix all together until smooth. Let cool, cover and refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the broccoli/cream cheese filling in the center of each chicken breast, roll up, tuck in sides and fasten with toothpicks. Put the egg beat in a shallow dish or bowl, and mix the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup pecans together in another shallow dish or bowl. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg, then in the pecan mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute coated chicken rolls in skillet until well browned on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes each side. Place browned rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and chicken meat is white. Serve with a small portion of leftover broccoli/cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 514 cal
- 38.5 g
- 13.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (84)Rate This Recipe
"After reading all the feedback. I noticed the most common negative remark was about how long it took. Well guess what? I prepared it in 5 mins and cooked it for an hour or so. I placed the peacans ..." See morein a food processor, the onions too, I doubled the broccoli, sourcream and cream cheese and proceeded to cook all in the sauce pan. I cut up boneless chicken breast as ingredients were cooking in sauce pan, placed chicken breast chunks in casserole, poured sauce ingredients over the chicken. Wa-La! Done. I ommitted the bread crumb step and had a tasty sauce with chicken which I served over rice. Awesome!"
"This recipe got rave reviews from all of my company! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of the breasts. I think these might even work better than breasts because they are already folded ..." See morein half when you purchase them. I unfolded them and pounded them flat so they would be easier to roll. For the filling I noticed alot of the reviews complained there was not enough flavour. I added some chopped up bacon and instead of pimentos I used about 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes and then threw in a whole bunch of seasonings and spices. I also only used a minimal amout of butter. I coated the chicken in the pecans and crushed up soda crackers instead of bread crumbs. I skipped the pan fry part and opted to just bake them in the oven. I prepared the filling in the morning and let it cool in the fridge for most of the day, this way I really didn't feel that it was all that time consuming! My general belief is that a recipe only provides a guideline and it is up to you to make it great! I would definately make this chicken again."
"My family loved this dish, everyone including one 16 mos,and 3 1/2 yrs! Before I served it I said I wouldn't make it again - too time consuming, but sinced it went over so big, I guess I'll just have ..." See moreto plan ahead next time! I omitted the pimento (didn't have) and pecans in the filling (I didn't have enough). For the rest I didn't measure, just tossed it in and it turned out wonderfully."
Feta Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Breasts
Cream Cheese Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.