Wonton Soup without Ginger5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My sister hates ginger, so we modify our Chinese cooking to satisfy her. I like to make this for weekend lunches.” - by ying
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, oyster sauce, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large bowl; add the ground pork, shrimp, and 1 chopped green onion and mix to combine.
- Lay one wonton skin like a baseball diamond in front of you. Using your finger, brush beaten egg around the outer edge of the wonton skin. Place 1 tablespoon of pork mixture onto the middle of the wonton skin. Fold 'home run' corner to '2nd base' corner and press down creating a triangle. The meat filling lump is at the bottom of the triangle. Brush egg mixtures at the '1st base' and '3rd base' corners of the triangle. Fold each base corner over the meat filling lump and over each other. Brush egg mixture at the '2nd base/homerun' corner of the triangle and fold behind the meat filling lump. This is one wonton. Repeat until there are no more mixture or wrapper skins. Keep the wontons covered with a wet towel to prevent from drying.”
- Mix together the chicken stock, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and 2 green onions in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring this to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bok choy and return to a boil until the bok choy is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; boil wontons for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent wontons from sticking to each other or to the edges of the pot.
- Place wontons in a soup bowl and ladle soup over wontons to serve. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 326 cal
- 15.3 g
- 27.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Very nice. I love the taste of sesame oil. Gives the soup that authentic oriental taste. I added chunks of chinese cabbage and bok choy. Adults enjoyed it. Finished the whole pot and they're still hun..." See moregry! "
"I've been making this for a while now and it's always a huge hit whenever I share it with anyone. It's a little different from the other recipes but I think that's why I like it so much. I especial..." See morely like the Oyster Sauce and Shrimp in the wontons. Thanks so much."
"This soup was great! The broth was very tasty. I have always used another recipe, but this one was the best ever. If you use low-sodium soy sauce, it's not too salty. Plus I used artificual sweete..." See morener instead of sugar to save on calories. I halved this recipe and it was great. The wontons came out great, but I boiled them for @10 mins. We like ginger, so I sprinkled some in the meat."
Homemade Wonton Soup
Easy Cauliflower Soup with Fresh Ginger
Just swipe to see more like this.