Chicken Marsala46 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Here's a quick and delicious chicken marsala with a savory mushroom sauce that's ready in 30 minutes to serve over cooked linguine.” - by Argo®
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pound chicken pieces to 1/4-inch thickness (place between 2 sheets of waxed paper before pounding).
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning once. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to skillet. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Mix corn starch, wine, chicken broth, basil and onion powder; add to mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked linguine, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 299 cal
- 11.8 g
- 10.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"After trying this in a local itallian restaraunt, I wanted to try it at home. After reading several recipes, I selected this one because of the thickened sauce. This was as good as the restaraunt's ..." See morechicken! I could only find Marsala Cooking wine, so I left out the salt-because the cooking wine is salty enough. I doubled the sauce so there was enough for the pasta, and made crusty garlic bread to go with. Wonderful, and easy!"
"For heaven's sake... DON'T use cooking wine. If you wouldn't drink it, you shouldn't cook with it. You can buy a decent Marsala for under $10. I use Conti-Royale. The next day I use the leftover Marsa..." See morela to make a killer French Onion Soup. Fresh mushrooms and FRESH basil really make this dish pop, and I always add a couple cloves of minced garlic and a few tablespoons of finely diced onion with the mushrooms. I've also played with the sauce and served it over pork and beef, switching it up with red wine, white wine, roasted peppers, and sliced onions. So easy to dress up dinner with a quick wine sauce."
Quick Chicken Marsala
Just swipe to see more like this.