Classic Caramel Corn141 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Sweet and crunchy, this caramel corn is easy to make and tastes better than the county fair's.” - by Karo®
Original recipe yields 4 quarts
- Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 395 cal
- 21 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (141)Rate This Recipe
"Do not make this caramel corn unless you plan to give it away, have rock solid will power, or the metabolism of a four year old. It is highly addictive. This past weekend I made it twice, once for a..." See more birthday gift and once because we were all sad to see it leave the house. I used dark corn syrup and followed the recipe exactly. To pop the popcorn, I put the kernels in a brown paper bag, folded the top over twice, and microwaved for 2-3 minutes. No oil needed. Repeat until you have 4 quarts. The only tip I'd suggest that isn't in the recipe already is to also spray the spoon or spatula you use to stir the corn with cooking spray. The pots and pans clean up easily after a soak in hot soapy water. Then you can relax and attempt to avoid eating the entire batch of caramel corn all at once."
"Oh my, this was the best! I took the advice of others and sprayed a roasting pan, left the popcorn in the oven while the sauce was preparing. I also sprayed my spatula so nothing would stick. Drizzl..." See moreed it and stirred it. Helped to have someone mixing the popcorn around as I was drizzling it. Cooked it 45 min and stirred it every 10 min. Laid it out on parchment paper and it was delicious. Gone! Very easy, just time consuming because of the stirring but so easy for anyone to make and look like a pro! I am going to try adding peanuts and drizzle chocolate next time."
"Delicious corn. I used to make Amish Caramel Corn from this site, until I ran out of light corn syrup. This recipe used dark corn syrup so I tried it out, and it was great. I popped a generous 1/3 cup..." See more corn, and it was great. The liquid foams a bit in the oven, which really helps with coating the popcorn. Also, dark corn syrup doesn't have the high fructose syrup light corn syrup has."
Caramel Corn Treat Bags
Individual Pumpkin Pies
Just swipe to see more like this.