Broccoli Bites81 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“Delicious bits of broccoli are drenched in a cheese mixture and fried. When our local restaurant stopped serving their Broccoli Bites, we were devastated. So I tried to duplicate them at home one night. It was funny to note that soon after, they started carrying them again here.” - by Kristen
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and honey. Set aside.
- Chop florets into small pieces or pulse lightly in food processor. Toss in a mixing bowl with shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg and stir in the milk. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and combine them with the egg and milk mixture, beating well. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon oil as well. Pour mixture over broccoli and cheese and toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop broccoli mixture by spoonfuls into 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil and fry until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 113 cal
- 5.1 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (81)Rate This Recipe
"Having read the previous comments about the watery batter, I doubled the flour to 1 C and baking powder to 1 t and the salt to 1 t. They turned out perfectly - light and crispy. The kids loved them di..." See morepped in Ranch dressing. Thanks for all the helpful comments and an original recipe with so much potential!"
"I am not normally a broccoli person, but this recipe turned me. I tried this as a recipe for my husband who loves broccoli and cheese, in return i found and easy and quick recipe that every one loves..." See more. One thing to keep in mind is that this recipe uses a lot of oil so make sure you have adaquete room to drain. I used a cooking cooling rack. Places napkins on the rack and below and served on a plate with multi colored napkins to brighten up a bit green and yellow do the trick :) Michelle"
"This was a very good recipe for the experienced cook. You do have to work with the batter to get it just right. Cutting back on the liquid, adding more cheese. But once you have it it is great. It is ..." See moreworth the effort for a different appetizer. Don't cook too long and have you oil hot hot hot. Best if eaten immediately. Leftovers tend to be greasy."
Broccoli Cheese Pie
Easy Broccoli Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.