Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts II147 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A tangy version of bacon wrapped chestnuts.” - by CANDLELADY
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap one strip around one water chestnut. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- While the wraps are baking, in a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, mayonnaise, and chili sauce to make barbecue sauce. After the wraps have finished baking, transfer them (removing them from the grease) to a second shallow baking dish. Pour the sauce over the wraps.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Serve hot out of dish with toothpicks.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 116 cal
- 7.5 g
- 8.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (147)Rate This Recipe
"This is ALWAYS a hit! Just a suggestion from experience: stretch the recipe by cutting the bacon into thirds instead of half - just as good! Also, after wrapping the bacon around the chestnut, fry i..." See moret in a skillet...leaving the grease. Then transfer to baking dish and cover with sauce to heat thru."
"WONDERFUL! I've been making this version for years and it's a family favorite! We use Miracle Whip in place of mayo for a super flavor. There are never any left! If you haven't tried these, you just G..." See moreOTTA! To prevent toothpicks from burning, soak in water about 20 minutes prior to spearing water chestnut. Excellent appetizer!"
"These are very yummy! I had them at a christmas get together and now they are a favorite that I make all the time. I will have to get a picture up the next time I make them for all you that may be s..." See morekeptical about trying them. I also soak the chestnuts in soy sauce for a few minutes and dredge them in some brown sugar before rolling them up, it adds some extra flovor. The key is to make sure to get the bacon real crisp, MAKE SURE TO DRAIN THEM, and when you add the sauce dont cook to long or it will create grease in the sauce from the bacon...cook just enough to heat. They look wonderful and the sweetness, bacon, and crunch go great together!"
Bacon Water Chestnut Rolls
Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon
Just swipe to see more like this.