Venus' Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart3 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr
“Creamy chocolate paired with smooth caramel and macadamia nuts over a delicious butter tart shell is the ultimate for a Valentine's Dessert.” - by VIVANET
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch tart
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/4 cup sugar until pale, about 3 minutes; beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cocoa powder. Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and gather the dough into a ball. Flatten the dough into a disk and wrap in waxed paper; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough into a 10 inch round and about 1/4 inch thickness. Transfer dough to an 8 inch tart pan, pressing dough evenly into pan; prick all over with a fork and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake tart shell in preheated oven for 12 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool.
- To make caramel: In a small saucepan over low heat, bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a simmer. In a heavy medium saucepan over high heat, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar in small amounts, stirring constantly, until it melts and turns golden brown. Remove saucepan from heat and slowly stir in hot cream; stir in 2 tablespoons butter and allow mixture to cool.
- To make chocolate cream: In a medium bowl, combine semisweet chocolate and liqueur. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream to a boil and pour it over chocolate; stir mixture with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted and very smooth.
- Reserve 13 whole macadamia nuts and chop the rest. Pour cooled caramel into the cooled tart shell and spread evenly with a metal spatula; sprinkle chopped nuts over caramel. Pour chocolate cream on top and spread evenly.
- Arrange 10 whole nuts around the edge of the tart to mark 10 slices; place remaining 3 nuts in the center. Refrigerate the tart for 1 hour or until firm; serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 378 cal
- 28.6 g
- 30.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This tart was amazing! I made it in a slightly larger pan, so I had to make extra chocolate cream. The whole thing turned out very well. I think the key is letting the sugar caramelize before adding t..." See morehe cream to make the caramel. I made it for a dinner party and everyone raved about it. The chocolate cream has more of a dark chocolate taste, so it's not that sweet, but the whole thing was very good. I'm also not sure why they said to refrigerate the dough for so long before making the crust. This made the dough impossible to work and I had to wait for it to warm up to room temperature again. In future, I would only chill the dough for 20 minutes or so, not two hours."
"This has the potential to be a good dessert. It has great ingredients but... I took a chance on this for Valentines Day dessert and it wasn't that great. My carmel was runny after letting it cool and ..." See moresetting up for 4 hours in the frige. I added about 1/4 c. pwd. sugar to the choco. mixture and I think that helped it set up. It wasn't very sweet at all. Will not make again."
"My daughter made this recipe for a project and it was an absolute hit with the entire class. They raved about it for days and after trying some myself I could see why... My daughter added some ground/..." See morecrushed macadamias to the dough as a substitute for a tiny portion of the flour with a GREAT result.Would make this again most definitely but have to agree on only chilling the dough for a time less than advised on the recipe..."
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies IV
Crunchy Caramel Tart
Just swipe to see more like this.