G. T. Cake9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“For good times, but not for the faint at heart; extremely rich and dense chocolate cake.” - by Sarah and Annette
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1/8 cup sugar. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In saucepan, cook and stir chocolate and whipping cream over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl combine eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and flour. Beat for ten minutes, until fluffy and lemon colored. Fold 1/4 of egg mixture in chocolate mixture to lighten; then fold chocolate mixture back into egg mixture. Pour into crust lined pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until puffed around edges and halfway into the middle. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan. Allow to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 453 cal
- 27.1 g
- 50.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I was very disappointed in this cake. The layer on top was hard. I had planned on taking it to a carry in, but had to scrap it and whip up something else...." See more"
"A harsh disappointment. I was excited to taste this "truffle like, rich, great cake" and after spending over $15 for the ingredients (I used some good quality chocolate) I must say I was disheartened...." See more The middle took a lot longer to set and the the whole cake hardened on the outside layer and I ended up taking it off and discarding it. It did not taste very rich at all and I did NOT like it with a graham cracker crust. I would suggest using a shortbread crust. It is dense, though so grab your glass of milk...you're going to need it! But that's a good thing. I will keep searching for something richer."
G.G.'s Chocolate Sheet Cake
Tunnel of Fudge Cake IV
Just swipe to see more like this.