Mini Chess Pies2 Reviews
“This is my grandmother's recipe we've had for generations, with some modifications since most of you won't have pans like my grandma's. If you like, substitute your favorite sweet shortbread pastry for the plain pastry crust.” - by Ginny
Original recipe yields 18 mini pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 18 muffin cups.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 18 circles with a 3-inch round cutter. Fit one pastry circle into each muffin cup. Set aside.
- Place raisins in a large saucepan. Add enough water to barely cover raisins. Boil on stovetop until water is absorbed and raisins are soft. Cool partially, then stir in butter or margarine, sugar, nuts, and vanilla.
- After butter or margarine is melted and all ingredients are blended, stir in eggs. Mix well. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined muffin cups, filling each one 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set in center and golden brown on top.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 310 cal
- 21.7 g
- 27.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great recipe for the holidays. I did make some changes though. First, I used dark brown sugar. I then combined the butter and brown sugar, and used a pastry cutter and cut the butter into th..." See moree sugar until well combined. It seems to do better this way then to melt the butter. Next I separated the egg yokes and added the yokes to the mixture, but I beat the egg whites to a stiff peak, then added to mixture, and mixed very well. Always be sure raisins have completely cooled. NOTES: In this recipe, I used real butter, not marg. as you can actually see the difference in the finished desert if you use marg."
Beth's Chess Pie
Chess Pie IV
Just swipe to see more like this.