Best of Everything Veggie Burgers123 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 16 min
- Ready In: 41 min
“I have two different veggie burger recipes and found that mixing them into one created the ULTIMATE veggie bean burger. My meat-and-potatoes firefighter husband LOVES these and says he could eat them every week!” - by SweetPea
Original recipe yields 6 patties
- Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. Mash black beans in a large bowl with a fork until thick and pasty; set aside.
- Place the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and chop finely. Stir the bell pepper mixture into the mashed black beans. Place the brown rice and mozzarella cheese in the food processor, and process until combined. Stir the mixture into the black beans.
- Whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and hot sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the black bean mixture. Stir in the bread crumbs, adding additional bread crumbs as needed until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide into 6 large patties.
- Place patties onto the prepared foil, and grill until browned and heated through, about 8 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 317 cal
- 5.8 g
- 49.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (123)Rate This Recipe
"I have not tried this, but, have heard it is a good sub for eggs as a binder in recipes, like meatloaf, so I'm sure it would work here for these burgers as a sub for those that are lacto-vegetarian T..." See morehe Recipe: Flaxseed Egg-Substitute 1/2 cup flaxseed 1 1/2 cup water Directions: Grind flaxseed to a fine powder in an electric coffee grinder. Mix flaxseed and water in blender and blend on high for 2 minutes. Chill for 1 hour to set up. It can be used now, but it has a more egg-like consistency if allowed to chill. Keep refrigerated up to 3 days. Using the Flaxseed Mixture: 1/4 cup of flax mixture = 1 Egg 1 cup of flax mixture = 4 Eggs "
"Great veg burger! The veggie-bean-spice flavors melded quite nicely. Alterations: I substituted corn for mushrooms and didn't use mozzarella or as much bread crumbs. My burgs needed to cook for a bit..." See more longer than was recommended. Served them on wheat buns with guac, lettuce, and salsa. I'll definitely make again. These were totally Tex-Mex, so I might try to change ingredients and toppings to make different "themed" veggie burgs: Italian (basil, oregano, thyme, sundried tomatoes, grated parm), Asian (soy, ginger, broccoli), Mediterranean (chickpeas, olives, garlic, oregano, feta) etc."
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Mexicana Veggie Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.