Banana Flips24 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Two moist layers banana cake with a light and fluffy banana cream in between.” - by ERINWALCZAK
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch two layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 9x13 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Beat in the eggs and 1 1/2 cup of milk. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, make the filling.
- Stir together the sugar and flour. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar mixture. Beat in the milk and banana extract until smooth.
- When the cake is cooled, invert onto a serving tray. Spread filling over the top and cover with remaining layer of cake. Keep chilled until 1/2 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 292 cal
- 16 g
- 35.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"Very good - a hit with the kids and all at the potluck and quick to make. If you use powdered sugar as the other reviews mention, the substitution ratio given on this site is 1 3/4 c. pwdr sugar = 1 ..." See morec. granulated sugar. I used granulated and had no problems, but you have to beat & beat & beat the sugar/butter/shortening for a VERY long time until the sugar dissolves, or you will have gritty filling. Maybe not the job for a hand held mixer!"
"OMG, this tastes exactly like the banana flips you buy in the store. I didn't have a yellow cake mix so used a banana cake mix & a little extra banana extract. The banana cake mix really brings out ..." See morethe banana flavor. And even better the next day. I will be making this again. "
Banana Cake X
Banana Cake III
Just swipe to see more like this.