Peachy Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce106 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This rich and creamy bread pudding is a truly decadent and comforting dessert.” - by jowolf2
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch baking dish
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Chop the peaches and lightly mash them in a mixing bowl. Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the eggs; add them to the peaches and mix well. Stir in the hot water, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir the French bread into to the custard mixture until the bread is completely moistened. Turn the pudding into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- While the pudding is baking, combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, corn syrup, and rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until just slightly thickened. Let cool slightly.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and let it cool for about ten minutes before serving. Serve warm with the caramel sauce. Cool and cover any leftover pudding and store it in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 456 cal
- 19.5 g
- 60.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (106)Rate This Recipe
"OMG!.. To die for!.. I made this as the recipe stated but added maybe an extra cup of French bread to use it all up and canned peaches. It was delicious; I added some whipped cream and dash of nutmeg..." See more on top for presentaion... :)"
"04/02/09 I had been wanting to make this recipe for awhile as bread pudding is my ultimate comfort food dessert. Unfortunately, on a cold and blizzardy day in Denver I realized I didn't have any pea..." See moreches so I substituted pineapple chunks. It turned out great. I also added 2 more eggs than called for in the recipe and the custard turned out perfect. Not too soupy at all. Additional note: I had some very ripe peaches that needed to be used and I was able to make this recipe as written. Fabulous! I added 3 more eggs than called for and also used half and half. I think the more eggs are needed in the original recipe. Wonderful sauce too."
Best Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Coffee Liqueur Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.