Mandarin Orange Cake II4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Yellow cake with mandarin oranges in the batter. Moist and memorable. Everyone will LOVE it. Fill with a nice Italian meringue buttercream or whipped cream, and layer drained mandarin oranges on top of filling. Frost cake with remaining buttercream or whipped cream.” - by Denise Fox
Original recipe yields 1 8-inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 8-inch pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine yellow cake mix, eggs, mandarin oranges with juice, and oil. Beat well.
- Divide batter into prepared cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Allow to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the simple syrup. Combine 1/3 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir to dissolve sugar. Pour about 1/4 cup orange liqueur into sugar-water mixture.
- Set one cake layer on a serving plate. Brush generously with orange syrup. Spread cake with frosting and layer drained mandarin oranges on top of filling. Carefully set remaining cake layer on base. Brush top layer with orange syrup. Frost top and sides of cake; decorate top with remaining orange slices, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 433 cal
- 13 g
- 72.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"this was VERY average at best. i would recommend adding the juice of the oranges in first, then the fruit when the batter is well incorporated. all the mixing made the oranges disappear and basicall..." See morey seem nonexistent!"
"i have made this cake several times, although i make a frosting combining instant vanilla pudding made according to the packages directions, a tub of whipped topping, and a can of drained crushed pine..." See moreapple. it goes really well with this rich, moist, and dense cake."
"this is a wonderful, tasty, moist cake. the oranges should be folded into the batter just before placing into pans. i tried the glaze, but think that this cake needs a frosting to do it justice. ..." See morei recently had good results whipping together the following: 8 oz. cool whip, 1 small van. pudding mix, 1-ll-oz can undrained mandarin oranges, and 1/4 c. triple sec. reserving some mandarin oranges to place around the top sets this off nicely."
Mandarin Orange Cake I
Mandarin Orange, Cilantro, and Avocado Salsa
Just swipe to see more like this.