Old Fashioned Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr
“A classic old-fashioned pound cake with fresh raspberry sauce.” - by Kim Niederreither
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat the butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy. Gradually add 2 3/4 cups sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla with the last egg. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- For the raspberry sauce: combine raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon creme de cassis in a medium bowl. Stir gently until sugar dissolves; cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve over pound cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 572 cal
- 29.2 g
- 72.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I have made many, many pound cakes but this recipe is the best!! The only thing I did different is added a few different flavoring: coconut, jamaican rum, black walnut. It was delicious!!..." See more"
"Beautiful cake and the sauce is to die for. I actually used Chambord instead of creme de cassis and thought it was terrific...." See more"
"Mmm! Yummy yummy. The cake came out perfectly - texture, taste, colour, everything. Thank you for sharing! I'm a kid so I can't use liquor, but I boiled some raspberries in sugar and water until it b..." See moreecame syrupy, and that tasted fabulous with the cake (which was also great on its own). Delicious!"
GA Peach Pound Cake
Pineapple Pound Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.