Cream Cake with Bing Cherry Sauce1 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This is an elegant, yet simple cake to make for a special occasion. The white cake is layered with a vanilla pudding in the middle, frosted with sweetened whipped cream, dusted with chocolate curls and served with a warm Bing cherry sauce. For best results refrigerate the finished cake for at least 3-4 hours before serving.” - by Abby LaForce
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 layer 9 inch cake
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to manufacturers instructions for two 9 inch layers.
- While the cake is baking, make the filling. Put milk into a saucepan over medium heat. whisk together the sugar, salt and cornstarch, stir into the milk. Add the egg, and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. When the mixture thickens, remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Pour into a dish. Place plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding, and refrigerate until cool.
- Make the frosting after the cake and pudding are cooled. To make the frosting, combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each cake layer in half horizontally. spread the filling between the layers. Frost with the whipped cream frosting. using a vegetable peeler, carve chocolate curls off of the chocolate bar directly onto the cake. If this does not work well for you, you can use a cheese grater to shave the chocolate, then sprinkle over the cake. Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours.
- To make the sauce, pour the cherry juice into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water, and stir into the boiling cherry juice. Cook and stir until the sauce returns to a boil, thickens, and clears. Stir the cherries into the sauce. Serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 395 cal
- 20.2 g
- 50 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Coconut Sour Cream Cake
Peaches and Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.