Orange Cream Cake V2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is my version of a very moist orange flavored cake, and it is better the longer it sets before serving.” - by Pauline
Original recipe yields 1 - four layer 9 inch round cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, flavored gelatin, and instant whipped topping. Add the oil, milk and eggs; mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Spread evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool cakes completely before removing from pans. Using a long serrated knife, split each layer in half horizontally.
- To make the icing and filling: In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, coconut, sugar and orange juice. Set 1 cup of this mixture aside. Use the remaining sour cream mixture for filling between the cake layers.
- Fold the whipped topping into the reserved sour cream mixture, and frost the outside of the cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 555 cal
- 25.8 g
- 75.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Coconut Sour Cream Cake
Orange Creme Blueberry Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.