Cherry Apple Pie0 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“The rustic shape of this pie crust is easy to make. Sweet cherries and crisp apples combine to make a delicious pie filling complete with a buttery streusel topping.” - by Real Butter
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Crust: In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter cubes into flour mixture until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle vinegar over flour mixture, tossing with a fork. Sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture, tossing with a fork each time until dough is moistened and crumbly.
- Gather dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples to cinnamon sugar mixture; mix thoroughly. Add cherries and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Place filling in center of crust; dot with butter. Bring pastry up and 2 to 3 inches over the filling, overlap or pleat and gather folds in the dough; gently press together where necessary.
- For topping, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples and butter. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden. Remove to wire rack and cool.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 509 cal
- 27.9 g
- 62.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.