Beat and Bake Orange Cake131 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“This quick orange cake is delicious without the frosting. I sometimes just sprinkle icing sugar on the top. This recipe can be used to make two 8-inch cake layers or a 9x5-inch loaf. If making a loaf cake, bake for 60 minutes.” - by menling
Original recipe yields 2 8 inch round pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, oil, beaten eggs, and 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest. Set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make Orange Butter Frosting: Cream butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice to bring to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla and 1 teaspoon orange zest.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 414 cal
- 16.7 g
- 63.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (131)Rate This Recipe
"Oh my goodness, I am SO glad I looked for a recipe today to use up a bunch of oranges! What a wonderful, lovely, delicious cake! I took a few suggestions from other reviewers and the result was perfe..." See morect. I used 1 T. of zest and about 2 T. orange marmalade in the batter (tho' I don't know that the marmalade was really necessary). I made the cake in two 8-inch layers, and made the frosting as stated with just a little less vanilla than called for, which made enough to fill and frost the top. The orange flavor came through perfectly, the cake is moist and a beautiful shade of yellow-orange. The frosting is a must in my opinion, creamy and fluffy, and takes this cake over the top. I made this for my husband to take to the office tomorrow, but this cake is staying right here! "
"I found this cake to be absolutely delicious! I made a loaf cake in a loaf pan. It was absolutely great! I didn't make the icing though, as I found an even better recipe. A recipe intitled "Orange Loa..." See moref" by Carol is a recipe for a yummy orange bread AND an orange glaze. I used the glaze recipe instead of icing and it turned out amazing!:) Less fat too! The recipe is: Combine 1/2 cup orange juice with 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Spoon glaze over hot cake. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan. I also garnished the top with halved orange rounds. It looked beautiful! Good luck!"
"I made this cake for my husbands birthday. But before I did I checked the reviews, some mentioned it didn't have enough orange flavor. So what I did was added more orange zest, but what I think made i..." See moret perfect was the 2 1/2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier (an orange liquer). I imagine you can use orange extract but I didn't have it. It was absolutely delicious. It baked so well, to a golden brown. I will never make a boxed cake again! I used an old Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting recipe of my mothers, it was awesome. My husband was in heaven, told me how yummy it was with every bith he took. Two thumbs up, Excellent! Thanks."
Tangerine Orange Cake
Orange Sponge Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.