Fresco's Best Italian Cheese Sandwich3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Sandwiches made with fresh mozzarella and Pepperidge Farm® Garlic Texas Toast are given a crispy coating and pan-fried until golden. Serve with a mixed green salad with apricots, strawberries, and toasted walnuts with a strawberry vinaigrette. For dessert serve chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut each toast in half.
- Divide the cheese slices among 8 toast halves. Top with the remaining toast halves.
- Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs with a fork.
- Coat the sandwiches with the flour. Dip the sandwiches into the eggs. Coat the sandwiches with the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches in batches and cook until they're well browned on both sides. Place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Heat the sauce in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it's hot and bubbling. Serve the sandwiches with the sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 487 cal
- 28.7 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I love Texas Toast and happened to have a package in the freezer. This was a good way to use it up! I didn't bother with the extra step of coating and frying the bread. (didn't have time) I simply ..." See morebaked it according to the directions and sandwiched some fresh mozzarella, tomato slices and fresh basil in between. The marinara on the side was a nice touch!"
"I liked this recipe because it wasn't too complicated but it looked fancy, and my guests liked it. Best of all it used some ingredients I had on hand. I made small sandwiches that I did cut in half a..." See morend I used as an appetizer, so mine were bite size. (I had some fresh mozzarella I had to use up and some bread that I bought for something else that I also wanted to use up.) But I would like to try it with the Pepperidge Farm bread which I am sure would give it great flavor. Anyway, I was very happy with the result. "
Pepperidge Farm(R) Vegetable Sandwich Stacks
Just swipe to see more like this.