Sausage and Peppers for a Dozen14 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Oven-roasted Italian sausage, green peppers, and onions are mixed with perfectly-seasoned Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce and are piled into Pepperidge Farm® Classic Sandwich Buns and topped with Parmesan cheese.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Put the sausage in a 16 1/2 x 12 x 2 1/2-inch disposable foil pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the sausage is browned. Carefully pour off juices that are in the pan.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, peppers and onions. Cover the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes more or until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Divide the sausage and peppers among the roll halves. Top with the cheese and remaining roll halves.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 572 cal
- 29.3 g
- 52.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Quick and easy for a weeknight meal! I cut the recipe in half and grilled the sausage instead. I pan fried the onions and peppers in a littled olive oil and some Italian herbs along with a splash of w..." See moreine. I did cheat and used a jar of Classico Marinara sauce (sorry Prego) that I doctored up a bit. We served this with some Parmesan and Romano cheeses, nice Italian bread and of course wine!"
"I tripled this recipe for a communion party. I made it the day before and then reheated it. It was excellent and I received many compliments on it. Quick and easy...." See more"
"yum yum yummmm.... BUT I HAD to cheat the recipe. My husband wanted me to make a sausage sammy for him, but he bought only already cooked spicy chicken sausage... STILL, with already prepared sausage..." See more and 1/2 the cooking time, it was delicious. Very little ingredients made for a fabulous sammy. :o)"
Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne
Cheddar Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
Just swipe to see more like this.